2012-03-27

Rifo's Cafe, East Victoria Park

Hoping for a very late lunch around 3:00PM there were not many restaurants or cafés opened around Victoria Park. My partner and I stumbled across Rifo's Cafe almost by accident. You could not miss it with the modern décor and red lights hanging from the ceiling with a retro feel to it. There were plasma's on either side of the walls as well as a spacious seating design.

I tried the 'Spring Lamb' (Grilled lamb cutlets served with Greek salad & mint yoghurt dressing, ($33) which came with five cutlets. I really liked the mint yoghurt dressing as the dipping sauce which was generous.The kitchen can be viewed from the café and we could see that the meal was freshly made.The Greek style salad was also tasty. I tried apple and passion fruit juice which is made from 100 percent juice. This could not be faulted. I also noticed that they serve 'missed breakie' or a late english breakfast from 12:00PM to 9:00PM.

The only downfall was that the waitress was cleaning up and sweeping around our table and the other customers for about 15 minutes, re-arranging our chairs and re-packing the sugar our the tables whilst we were dining. I found this quite rude and annoying. The waitress did not supply us with any water so I suggest that you request this when you place your order. Despite this, I would come here again for a coffee or lunch.

Opening Hours: 7:00AM until late (last orders at 10:00PM), 7 days a week
http://www.rifoscafe.com/img/broshure.pdf

Rifo's Cafe East Victoria Park on Urbanspoon

No comments: