2012-03-08

Pagoda Restaurant & Bar, Como

My partner brought me here for my birthday dinner but unfortunately, I was disappointed with the food. I had the lamb shank which was bland and I'm pretty sure they used instant gravy as I have tried a similar one from Woollies! It was quite thick in texture and they only gave one shank in which most places give two. It also came with mash potato and long beans so it was filling. The salmon tasted better than the lamb shank as it was seasoned well, but my partner didn't like it. It seemed like all the dishes here were made heavy handed.

For dessert I had the nougat and pistachio nut semi freddo with berries. This was nice and I wouldn't mind trying some of the other desserts from here.  They also had a deal for about five selected main dishes where it was $32 for an entrĂ©e, main and dessert so its good if your on a budget but want a night out. The place looks nice, the staff were friendly and they have cocktails. I heard it was good in the past so maybe they can try to relive their standards again someday. 

Lamb shank potato mash, green beans and braising jus
Salmon with chickpeas
Nougat and pistachio nut semi freddo with berries

Pagoda Restaurant & Bar on Urbanspoon

No comments: